Today is my Birthday! The big Three One. Woohooo!!
(Mmhmm, yes, glitter in my hands there)
Last year turning 30 was big and dramatic and glitzy and wild. The whole year was a roller coaster of ups and downs and twists and turns and so this birthday, I have toned it all down and I hope the year ahead reflects this more chilled out vibe!
I'll make another post on how I'm celebrating but for today, I wanted to talk about some of the things I hope to achieve this year. Also, I wanna make a list. I bloomin' love a good list, you know that right?
Since I'm turning 31, I figured it made sense to aim for 31 things and then next year I can look back and see how I got on. I don't expect to tick everything off the list but there's no harm in trying!
31 for 31
1. Blog at least twice a week. I love the documentation and routine of life that a blog brings.
2. Write a new book. Idea is already in my head, just need to put it on paper.
3. Rebrand. I need a change. I'm in the mood for change.
4. Organise my office into workable systems instead of confused piles of mess.
5. Set up a creative station for Darcy so that she can enjoy all our craft materials properly.
6. Each weekend that I have Darcy (Matt and I alternate them), do a proper activity. Don't let the weekends slip by.
7. Continue to deepen my relationship with the bf and have regular date nights to keep things fresh. Pretty excited to come up with some fun ideas for this!
8. Use my health club membership twice a week to maintain some level of fitness and justify the slightly extortionate fees.
9. Keep my wardrobe tidy and usable. I recently had a HUGE sort out and I need to keep it that way!
10. Make the everyday more fun. I have lots of creative ideas that I'd like to start applying to life so that Darcy and I enjoy even the mundane things a lot more. Small things like water balloons in the bath and crazy straws in our drinks.
11. Take a trip with the girls! As I grow older I'm making more and more friends and I want to make time to enjoy them all. I'd love to have a trip with my uni girls, my local mummy friends, my youtube ladies (Zoe and Maddie I'm looking at you!) and my sisters. I don't think it's feasible to do all of that together so looks like I'll be busy!
12. Travel. A bit. I'm a homebird and love to be in familiar surroundings so wanderlust is never something I experience but I do know that growth comes from stepping outside your comfort zone so I'm going to try. Just a little bit. The bf and I are looking at European city breaks so we'll see how that goes.
13. Disney, Disney, Disney!!! I am obsessed. To me, there is no happier place on earth than Walt Disney World. I'd like a trip there with Darcy but also I would like to experience a Disney Cruise and take a trip to DisneyLand Paris.
14. Redecorate. Eventually I'll move out of my tiny house but for now, do I want to change up the lounge? Yes, yes I do.
15. Hydrate. My insides are like the desert and this needs to stop. Pass me the water!
16. Bit boring - clean out my car. Need to remind myself that it is not a vessel for every half empty bottle of water or screwed up receipt I've ever had. It's a vehicle. Jeez.
17. Style more outfits and document them. I love seeing what other people have put together and when I take the time, I think I'm pretty good and styling outfits for myself so I'd like to spend a bit more time on that.
18. Share more with my bf. I think previously I have fallen into the trap of keeping things to myself and not talking about what excites me. I get really, reaaalllly excited for my job or for ideas or for collaborating with people and brands on new projects but then sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed to share that buzz with people who aren't in my industry because I worry they won't 'get it'. I think I need to give more credit and share more because I've noticed that when I do, he's really on board and that shouldn't be wasted.
19. Spend time outdoors more. Summer is fast approaching and after been cooped up all winter I want to make sure Darcy and I are getting our vitamin D! I need to find a little repertoire of places we can visit regularly that keep us outdoors. Last Summer I spent so so so much time at a reservoir near my house that now I'm completely sick of it, so I need to keep things varied.
20. Waste less food/meal plan. It pains me to through so much good food out just because I didn't organise myself enough to use it up so I'm going to try and curb that.
21. Frame all my art. I buy art, I don't frame it or hang it. This needs to change.
22. Watch more TV. Whhhaaaa?? Is that a real goal??? Yes. I never watch any TV programmes any more but they're a really good way to switch off and chill out so I'm going to have a looksie at what drama's or documentaries are on and make a little schedule.
23. Become a planner! I already use my own diary each week but I really love the look of the Erin Conran Life Planners, more for their scrapbook-esque value than anything else. I've seen stickers galore for those bad boys and I'd like to try my hand at doing one. I think they run Summer-Summer so it might be my time to shine soon!
24. Congratulate more. So many people I know are achieving so many incredible things and all too often I miss the moment to clap and cheer for them. Bad Louise.
25. Open my post. You know that person who has a stack of mail on their desk, unopened? That's me. Need to change that.
26. Visit more special places in the UK. Our tiny island is packed with amazing things that I would like to take the time to see and enjoy. I'd particularly like to visit the Cotswolds and St Ives again.
27. Throw some great parties. Nothing thrills me more than a party!!
28. Be on time for people's birthday cards and presents. I'm pretty sh*t at that so I've got minimal hope but it doesn't hurt to try eh?
29. Love on Darcy continually. I don't actually know how I could love this child anymore but I do know that I'll enjoy the challenge of trying. I want to make sure she always feels loved and stable and secure.
30. Say yes to more events and opportunities. Exciting things come of them.
31. Have more face to face interactions with Glitterbugs like you <3.
You know what? It was REALLY hard to come up with 31 things I wanted to achieve or do this year and I think that goes to show that actually, I'm pretty happy with my life. If none of those things get ticked off the list and life continues to tick over the way it has this past few months, I'll be a happy camper.
Thirty, you were a year of learning and growing and accepting. Thirty One, I hope you're just as good to me.