photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Friday 9 September 2011

The Catalogue Game


Aloha Bloggerinos,

Baby Glitter is snoozing next to me and so really, this would be the perfect time to write my Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless post. Buuuuutt, I'm not going to. I want to write something detailed and well thought out, and today my brain is working at half speed so I fear I wouldn't do that kind of post justice.

Today I just wanted to share with you some of the little things in life that have been making me happy of late.

1. Catalogues. Ever since I was a little girl in corduroy trousers (why, Dad? Why?), I have loved catalogues. I find it really therapeutic to flick through the pages and play my little game. The rule is, with money as no issue at all, you have to pick ONE thing off of every page to buy, even if that page is the shower curtain page of the Argos catalogue. Yep, it's quite lame, but to this day I quietly play it by myself when I flick through.

At this time of year there tends to be a new surge of catalogues, showcasing the latest Autumn/Winter trends, so I love to get cosy with a stack and do a bit of from-my-sofa-window-shopping.


2. Boots Vouchers. Every now and then, Boots do their brilliant deal where they give you a £5 off voucher for No.7, when you spend £10. For me, it's really easy to spend £10 because I regularly buy nappies, wipes, baby milk and of course, beauty and cosmetics products, so I take full advantage of this deal. My usual purchases are the Cleansing Wipes which rrp for £7, but with my voucher, they're a much nicer, £2. So far I have 3 packs, but I have 2 more vouchers so I shall be well stocked!

The voucher deal ends on Sunday so you still have this weekend to get in there. I'm half tempted to try their Cleanse and Polish Kit (usually rrp £9, but would only be £4 with the voucher). Hhhmmmmm.


(Rather than post a picture of a list, I went for what is right next to me instead...much cuter! Plus, I can't bare for you to see my everso boring list ahaha 1. Stroke Cat, 2. Empty dishwasher, 3. Zzzzzz)

3. Making Lists. I am a self confessed list-aholic. I could spend my life, making lists. I make To Do lists, Things to Pack lists, Shopping lists, Places To Go This Month lists, Christmas lists, the list (haha) goes on. Now that my life is jam packed with being a Mummy, Wifey, Blogger, Vlogger, Worker, Human Being with Friends and suchlike, I find a list really helps clear my head and I feel quite a sense of accomplishment when I can cross something off.

Bit of a muchness of a muchness post today, but I would have done no justice to a review or 'informationy' post.

Do you play the catalogue game? Or will you be putting it on your list to do tomorrow?

Toodlepip!

xx

39 comments:

  1. The Ikea catalogue came this week- browsing through them with a cuppa is such a simple pleasure :) I am also a total list obsessive- I have lists of lists!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ym gosh i thought it was just me and my cousin just did the catologue game! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby glitter is such a cutie!! I play this game but on etsy pages... very addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do this with the argos catalogue when I was a kid too! aww brings back memories, I always started at the kids section :')

    http://thecosmeticcrave.blogspot.com/
    Joselin
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I used to play that game all the time with my twin when we were younger. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha I ALWAYS do that with catalogs! It's so much fun. And I'm obsessed with list making.. I love a good list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you only have to spend £5 to get a £5 voucher! if you have staff discount the wipes are 42p, i've bought about 10 to stock up :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I always play the catalogue game! I even reason with myself that if I see 2 things on one page I have to sacrifice another page haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha a woman after my own heart i love catalogues :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the No7 face wipes!!

    xxx Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA i play the catalogue game too, even on the kids toys pages. *hides face*.

    www.alltheshallowthings.blogspot.com
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. im hopefully going to boots tomorrow to spend my £5 voucher! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Louise, Darcy is so lovely. On my list today was to do a big tidy up of my room (which looked like a bomb had hit it) and finally 11:11pm it is finished! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me and my sister used to always play the catalogue game together, especially in the run up to christmas .. everyone knows christmas catalogues are the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love catalogues, and flicking through having a wish is all part of it :) I also love it at christmas when everywhere has their christmas gift guide out, we always have a stash of gift guides! Gorgeous pic of Baby Glitter too, thank you for sharing that with us :) lots of love xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Day by day I become more of a 'listaholic' - I'm starting to love them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I spent mine yesterday on the hot cloth cleanser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. envygeeksgirl - Kerry10 September 2011 at 02:05

    Loved that game, lol.
    You only have to spend £5 to get the voucher. At least in Warrington Boots you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaa, me and my little sister used to play that game! and sort of race too, and a rule where we couldnt pick the same thing :S wow. We always used to destroy the catalogues by cutting things out and pritsticking things to A4 to make the 'perfect bedroom' haha :) oh to be young again!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i don't think i could play the catalogue game then i would get the urge to actually buy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I play that game! When I was a teenager I used to go through the argos catalogue planning out what I'd buy for my own house!

    I use the No7 hot cloth cleanser, I'd def recommend it. Also the No7 muslin cloths come in packs of 3 for less than £6 so I use a voucher and get them for less than a quid! A trip to Boots in on my list to do this weekend - got 4 more vouchers left hehe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me and my sister play that game too when flicking through magazines :) Its quite addictive! lol X x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I actually cant believe so many ppl do that with magazines and catalogues ive been doing that as long as I can remember and I totally thought it was me being such a loser saddo haha. x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you shared this so now we all can safely say we're normal! (: I always make lists about the stupidest things and stay up to stupid times writing them too haha! When I was little I used to the catalogue game too except I'd set myself a budget and a room in my house to decorate and then try and make it look as swanky as possible with what I had (: May give it a go now when I'm bored (: x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You should really try the cleanse and polish! It's really nice and the bottle is MASSIVE! It will last you a very long time!
    P.S I adore your blogs and your videos! x :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love flicking through catalogues and adding things to my make believe dream life in my head!!haha! You should go on the website Pintrest, it's pretty much like a virtual pin board of things you want from interiors to hair styles, if you haven't been on it, take a look Louise. I'm pretty sure it'll be right up your street, although I warn you - it's addictive! Baby Glitter is soooo cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hehehe I love the catalogue game!! I haven't played it in so long, for some reason there has been a distinct lack of catalogues in my house of late hmm must rectify this asap!Baby Glitter looks so, so cute!:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I feel much more organised and a sense of order when I have a to do or to buy list. I have notes right now on my desk to remind me to make a christmas list and a 'what to pack for holiday' list. I love LISTS :)

    The boots Christmas Catolgue is the best to play that game with, I love that catalogue :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just visited Boots with my Mum to spend our vouchers and, guess what, got MORE vouchers that don't run out until the middle of October - yippeee :) Love your blogs and videos, hope you have a lovely time away! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. those vouchers are a god send. a god send, i tell you!

    maddie xx
    http://vintagebeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I used to play the catalogue game with the Argos catalogue! My brother and I would sit there and go through every page and actually write down what we wanted. We'd even go through the boring pages with the plate sets on- haha. Love that other people do this too!x

    ReplyDelete
  32. i always do this with mags, i used to do it with the argos catalog too! i love making lists too, it makes everything so much easier, even if i don't always complete everything on it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. haha I thought it was just me who did this ... I used to do it with the Argos catolouge (hangs head in shame..) and i've just noticed others who used the same catolouge ... so funny..

    ReplyDelete
  34. haha, i used to play this game!
    Baby glitters getting cuter and cuter!

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haha, such an entertaining blog post Louise(: I feel the same way about magazines! Every time I go shopping, I stop to look through all the magazines. Do you think you could check out my blog? I just started it yesterday, and therefore have zero followers. I would really appreciate some of your feedback! Thanks x

    http://natsbeautybits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. hello louise, ive just started reading your blog properly (i found it through zoella) and i LOVE IT!! you are so funny and baby glitter is beautiful. really enjoying your you tube videos too, you are amazing, keep it up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I thought it was just me who played this game...Haha! :)
    MissGlamTique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  38. I play that game too - it is almost a compulsion! I can't look through a catalogue without slipping into the game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So glad that I have just discovered your blog, love it!! I used to play a similar game where I used to try and pick an outfit from every page (even the swimwear and underwear).

    www.misslinnyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg