Merry Monday to you my little pipsqueaks! Oh wow, that was way too enthused for this time of day (8.35am).
I'm feeling a lot of love for my blog at the moment so felt like spending a few minutes writing a blog post but suddenly realised- oh, I have nothing specific to write about. Lucky for you, 'inane chatter' is my middle name (it's not, my parents didn't hate me...I hope) so I thought I'd just use this post as a place to say a few bits about everything and nothing, in a list. Man oh man I love lists. You know this right?
(Photo from my insta)
I haven't pre-thought this, so as I think it, I'll write it.
1. Ew, my keyboard is really dirty. I wonder how many germs I'm smashing into my skin and letting osmose into my flesh. Yummy. Note to self- research how to clean it as soon as you've finished writing this list.
2. I heard it's going to be a hot week and I'm thrilled. Autumn is my favourite season (it was my favourite season before everyone else ok? I liked Autumn back when people were still buzzing for Spring being the best ok?) but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to just walking outside in tee's and flipflops or wearing sunglasses every moment of every day.
3. I had a meeting last week in a restaurant called Villandry on Great Portland Street and several days on, I'm still thinking about their mash potato with parsley jus. If I wasn't playing it cool and being Mrs Badass Business Woman (ie. imagining in my head I'm Carrie Bradshaw at in a meeting in Vogue), I would have licked the plate and ordered another portion to doggy bag home. I snapchatted the food (add- LouisePentland) but sadly didn't save a photo for you to drool over).
4. This weekend was amazing. One of those that meanders perfectly, everything fits into place but you don't feel rushed at all. I went for a few civilised drinks at my local with my friends on Friday night (I met my postman. He said, 'You're the one who opens the door in her bra'. Yep, that's me! *cringe*), Saturday was a sofa morning, housework and a flamingo party in the evening ('flamingo' party is as great as it sounds btw). Sunday I went to Foxton Locks for some pokehunting (excuse me I caught over 100 magikarps!!!), and then in the evening used some free codes I had to go and see Suicide Squad at cineworld. What a weekend! Tonight I'm picking Darcy up from school and #MummyLife resumes.
(A Jessive Cave illustration- linked below, check her out pls)
5. I've really been enjoying Jessie Cave's illustrations. She posts a new one almost every day on twitter and they make me chuckle. I'm not sure if it's cool or worrying that I relate to so many of them.
6. I plan to finally finish the Seattle Vlogs this week and then Chatter channel will be moving onto some more homey bits. I've got a lot coming up in my work and personal life so I'm pretty pumped for that. I'm in the mood for a tonne of craft projects for my house now the nights are drawing in and I cant wander round parks
taking in the view and getting some fresh air catching pokemon.
(hopefully this works and doesn't look like coding to you!! It's meant to be my video!)
7. Today is a day for doing. I have some meaty emails to work through, a sweet Seattle vlog to edit, some admin & banking to handle (the actual bain of my life) and the cleaner is coming later so I need to fully tidy everywhere before her arrival because I'm that person. I'm thinking about making something Jamie Oliver-esque for dinner tonight. Go me.
Righty-o, that felt good, a nice way to start the week. Hope you're feeling motivated to have a great one too! Let's do this!!