Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Yippeeeeeeeeee Yin Yin!


Whilst having elevensies (is this not the cutest thing that older people say? "Elevensies"- for those not in the know, it is the art of having a little rest around eleven, usually accompanied by refreshments of some kind), anyway, whilst having elevensies with Mindy (the picture was too brilliant not to post), I heard a rather ghastly clatter from the porch!




Grabbing my mobile and pre-dialling 999 in case I was about to meet some sort of madcap attacker (I'm easily frightened as the Fiance will vouch for when he makes me jump!), I headed nervously to the front door to investigate the commotion.

There on my mat, alongside the dull bills and junk mail, was a gloriously big brown package with familiar neat writing. Dashing back to the lounge, and to Mindy who wasn't in the least bit alarmed by all the drama, I tore open the package and discovered the most fantastic cushion! My friend Yin Yin Lau is training to be an architect and is very chic and cosmopolitan. To those that don't know her, they would suspect she lives for expensive shoes, cocktails and her career. But oh no chummy! She has a secret. She is a closet knitter!!




She knits baby blankets, cute cardigans, little hearts which I would absolutely love (hint hint Yinners) and as I have pleasantly found, fabulous cushions! The wool she uses is very carefully chosen from everywhere from John Lewis, backstreet Liverpool shops and even New York! Wowza! I know so much time and effort will have gone into her creation and a lot of care has been taken. She chose my favourite colour and I think the little knitted house was because I have just moved into my first house.
I now feel compelled to send her an equally (it'll be tough) fantasmic crafted item and hope that she will send me something back and we can make a bit of a tradition of this craft swapping!

So YinYin, if you are reading, this is your first official review and I shall happily give you 10/10 for style and 10/10 for creativity! Thank you so much!

Toodlepip xx

2 comments:

  1. NO COMMENTS ;O
    Now I'm the first one !
    Love you so much, you're a wonderful person and I would love to meet you someday (probably not going to happen though)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pillow is so cute! Just realized your name used to be GlitterStitch before Sprinkle of Glitter! Aww, that's a really cute name too. So much 'cute' in this sentence haha! Lots'vlove!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg