Oh September, a month of cosy nights in, blankets, fairy lights, hot soups and mashed potato. I am all about September. I live all summer looking forward to September. I love you September, I just love you. Too far? Maybe.
September = Scented Candles Galore. Swoon.
This September I plan on filling each day with something nice. With my love of lists in mind, I've decided to share 10 things I want to do this month to make it the best yet.
1. Prams, buggies and strollers. This year will be the last Autumn (I would think!) that we use the buggies since Darcy is 3, but I always stick to our easy fold up buggy. This September I'd like to take the Silvercross out for one last hurrah amongst the leaves.
2. Sunday nights. There is literally nothing better than watching ITV dramas after a chicken and mash dinner, with the fire lit. Be still my beating heart.
3. Dusk shopping. I have quite the love of late night shopping when the sky goes that cobalt blue colour and all the shop lights spill out onto the streets. It feels all magical.
4. Mooching through markets. There's a bounty of markets in London that I want to explore. I always enjoy Covent Garden and the Borough Market but am yet to delve into anything in Camden or Spitalfields. They're on my list.
5. Girl time. After a weekend in Brighton with Zoe and Hazel, I'm hooked and want more. Sitting in a weird little hut by the beach watching the sun go down and chatting about rubbish was just what my busy brain needed to calm down. Those ladies are so good for me.
4. Boy time. I'd like to put some fun Jack time in my diary this month. He makes me laugh a LOT and as they say, laughter is good for the soul.
5. Me time. I'm talking bubble baths, candles, books, magazines, face masks, chilled rose spritzers, fresh sheets and manicured nails. Yes please. I aim to do this at least twice this September.
6. Glamour. A bit of glitz and a cocktail party here and there are basically some of my favourite things in life. With Zoe launching her new beauty range (#ZoellaBeauty) there is a party on the horizon and I'm already thinking about dresses. I want a night to just feel really nice about myself (and of course to celebrate my friend's success!). I don't have low self esteem by any means but just lately I feel a little shaken up and vulnerable. A new dress and fake tan will sort that right out!
7. Crafts. I have lots of little art projects I want to complete with Darcy and rainy days and cooler weather are the perfect time to get cracking with them.
8. Romance. September is my wedding anniversary month so I'm sure Matt and I will make some nice time for each other. He's asked me to keep the date free so I'm excited to see what surprises he has up his sleeves!
9. Focus. I want/need to work a little harder on carving out a better routine for myself. Working and mummying from home can easily lead to a floaty, no structure day and that's not ideal for running a business and finding quality-engaged-mama-time. Gonna keep trying.
10. Documenting. One of my faves! With all the lovely things happening this month, I want to document it! I will be vlogging, instagramming, and blogging my little heart out and I just can't wait!
What do you want to do this month? Are you excited for Autumn or are you a Summer-Soul?