photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Sunday 13 May 2012

How To Follow A Blog


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Since running THIS on my YouTube Channel, I have had an inbox full of emails and messages asking me how to follow a blog.

At first I started replying individually, but then I realised this could well be a question a lot of people had and thought it might be beneficial for everyone if I wrote a post on it and showed you how. For those that already know, stop reading! This post will be pretty dull for you!! Haha.

Before I do a step by step dealio, I must tell you the most important thing. Following/Subscribing to (both the same) blog is FREE. A lot of people ask me how much it costs because I suppose it does sound like something you need to pay for, but it isn't. Sprinkle of Glitter is entirely free. If you want to send me great wads of cash, please do, but really, there is no need ;)

how_to_follow_a_blog
 OOooh look at me being all technical and print screening into paint hahaha. This swanky image is to start you off. Look to the right of this screen. Can you see the icon called 'beauties' and the button saying 'Join this site'? Click it!

how_to_follow_a_blog

This is what will pop up. Very unscary. Naturally, it is your choice, but the majority of folk will want to click 'google' at this point. 


Most people nowadays have a Google account. You sign in to YouTube with it, you use if for Google Plus, Google Analytics, all sorts of things. Pop you details in and click on the 'sign in' box. 

At this point I couldn't screenshot anymore because rather sadly, I already follow my own blog....lame. All that will happen is it will ask if you are sure you'd like to follow, and if you are, you say 'Yeah Baby', and if you're not, you just wasted 25 seconds of your own life. Woops. 

As I said above, following blogs is entirely FREE. Free as a bird. Big. Fat. No. Money. At. All. FREE! You can follow follow as many blogs as you like and it means that when you sign into blogger (if you choose to), you will have your 'reading list' updated as and when your favourite blogs release a new post. Hurrah! Win win for everybody.

Some blogs that I am soooo pleased to be subscribed to (aside from my own ahaha) are:

Zoella - Possibly the world's greatest chum. She might be teeny but she has a mighty big heart and will go insane lengths for her pals. I know it's cheesetastic, but I really don't know what I would have done without her this past year. Life has been great, don't get me wrong, but there have been some fairly overwhelming moments and Zoe has always been there. From setting up a business together (check out the 'shop' tab up top), to laughing our heads off over a cocktail, to her saying, 'leave the baby with me, go to the salon and take an hour off', she's been a good egg and I luffs her. I'm sure you already read her blog, but I had a little outburst of emotion there. Someone hand me a tissue!!

A Thrifty Mrs - Mrs Thrifty is another of life's good eggs. We've only been real friends (as opposed to blog friends haha) for a few months but I tell you what, she's a corker of a gal! She makes me chuckle on a daily basis and if ever you have a money or household question, she's your lady. There is nothing she doesn't know about homey things- I bet her Husband is one happy man!

Beauty Crush - Sammi is cool. That's rather an understatement. I profess to know very little about fashion and trends (if it's pink and fits then I'm happy) but she really does. Whenever we meet up I know I'm going to have a good time because she's as suceptable to delerium as me! Ahahaha!

Fleur de Force - Fleur is the epitome of suave. Every time I see her she looks gorgeous, is unflustered and even after a really bad fall in London (I heard a crunch!!) she just got up, dusted herself down and carried on- in heels!! Kudos to Fleurchummy. She made such a fuss of me for my birthday last month and I was really touched. Ooer. 

Meek -n- Mild - Shirley is just how she looks and sounds. Super sweet and one of those people who is kind all the way through. Her blog makes me feel really tranquil and also inspires me to make the most of my wardrobe. (I'm not sure why blogger won't let her be in pink text! One of life's great mysteries.)

Color Me Katie - I don't know Katie as a human being, but I LOVE her blog. I'm not even going to talk about her too much, just trust me, you want to follow her blog. Your eyeballs will thank you/

There are tonnes and tonnes of other blogs that I heart, and if you like, I could do another post on them and point you in their direction? Or do you prefer to find them yourself? Let me know!

I really hope this was useful to you and if you have any other questions, do let me know. 

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Laura from Secret Diary of a Fashion Journalist. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I have just followed you! I've been reading your blog for ages now but am a bit useless with technology and never quite figured out how this whole subscribey thingy works! What a numpty I am! Anyway....I love your blog, it is fantastic and always cheers me up! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do a blog on your favourite blogs! Would be great to find some new ones :)
    www.somethingspecialtosay.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a dedicated follower Louise but for some reason none of your posts since the baby shower gift (yes that long ago) have shown up in my Reading List! Do you have any idea why this might be?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou
    i am a follower on you blog and i have tagged you in a get to no you post :)
    http://fallinglashes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/get-to-know-you-tag.html

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to post a tutorial like this! I love the little bit of all your favourite blogs, I would love you to do more posts like it :) I follow most of who you recommended, and I'm looking at Color Me Katie now yay! Oh and the little bit about Meek-n-Mild not being pink made me chuckle :)

    Julianne
    http://www.julzobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lou! I'm a new blogger, and I found your blog through YouTube, and this post has helped me find some coolio blogs to follow...thank you! You're a star x
    http://helloamberrr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was confused about this earlier! It's helpful that you recommend blogs that you're loving. I'm fairly new to blogging so it's nice to have somewhere to start, thanks! Love your blog x

    Olivia
    http://inspiringolivia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just started my own up and this whole subscription thing blew my mind I could not figure it out for the life of me, however, now I have yayy!

    honeyteaandbiscuits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really useful article because people do sometimes think you have to pay or don't know the technicalities of how to follow x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will this make your posts show up in Google Reader? For the last month or so they haven't been showing up even after re-adding you :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi:). I love you on ur youtube channel and i love following u on ur blog. I've just started a blog and i was wondering if u'd like to check it out. My blogs name is Msizzyness'sworld.
    Keep on blogging and making videos:)

    Izzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. On you tube could you do the 10 little secrets tag. Love your blog and you tube channel

    ReplyDelete
  14. just happened upon you a few months ago over on YoutTube.
    I really enjoy your videos. Now I've found your blog and thought I would put my two cents in that you should definitely share more of your favorite blogs with us I know that I love finding new blogs to follow.
    XoXo- Kay Mitchell
    http://california-diy-diva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your little doodles on the pictures! Soooo cute!

    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! I never knew there were really people who didn't know how to follow a blog! Hopefully they know it now ;) Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Louise I am so glad you are still enjoying Color Me Katie :-) Have you done anything crazy? Like float ducks in puddles or stick goooogly eyes on everything you own? Haha!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another way is to copy the URL of the blog you want to follow, go to your dashboard and under 'reading list' on the left hand side click the button 'add' and paste the URL in there. And voila! Done. I have to do this sometimes because for some reason my blogger hates following new blogs the traditional way you've listed above.

    Thought this might be useful to mention as an alternative :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm new here and I can't find the join this site button anywhere on your blog :( Somebody help me please!

    http://mayumi1992.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg