photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Saturday 30 June 2012

Brilliant Baby Books


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Ever since Baby Glitter was first born, Matt and I have read to her. We are both keen readers (I'm not talking Shakespear, but chicklit, magazines, boy books, newspapers, blogs, you get it, reading stuff) and we wanted our Daughter to follow suit as there are so many benefits.

Not only does it stimulate baby's mind, encourage language and feed their imaginations, it gives you a good opportunity for snuggles and quality bonding time.

I have recently started taking Baby Glitter to the library, but I thought I would start off by sharing some of our favourites from her own bookshelf first.

(As you can see, I got a little app happy and took today's image on my phone. The app is free and called pixlromantic if you are interested.)


This is the most recent edition to our collection and I think Mummy loves it more than baby. It reads in a lovely melodic fashion and the pictures look like the watercoloured ones we had as children ourselves. I'm really not a big fan of computer generated 4-d type images. I like my picture books old school. Haha, so specific!



This was the first book I bought for Darcy and I think I will cherish it for all of our lives. I've read it so many times I know it off by heart and even sent a copy to a chum in America. The illustrations are a joy, it's a cute, harmless silly story and just the right length for an infant. Baby Glitter will sit on my lap and be enthralled for 5-10 mins max. You could read this in 3-5 I think.



This is not a favourite of mine (I prefer classics) but is one she ALWAYS reaches for. Each page is the cat saying goodnight to an animal, so perhaps she enjoys my fantastic animal noise impressions-ha. It's quite handy for talking about different things (night, bedtime, creatures, sounds, how many, etc) and very colourful.

All three of these books that we have are board books because they are easy for little hands to turn and are not going to die a death by crumpling and ripping like some of our others- eep! They make great baby shower/new baby/birthday gifts, if you don't have a baby yourself too. Woohooo easy gifting!

I have quite a collection of baby books, so if you would like more mini reviews, do let me know.

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Dashing Divas. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!

PS- Nope, still don't know why blogger won't let me make links pink. Gargh.

20 comments:

  1. I used to love a Tiger that came to tea! :)
    x~x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never heard of any of these, I obviously never had them when I was a baby haha..

    Reading these is great for reminiscing :)

    x

    www.thebeauty-mix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading 'The Tiger Who Came To Tea' when I was little, I loved it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey i remember The Tiger Who Came To Tea! I love childrens books - i havent got a little one of my own but i still love borrowing them from my friends kiddiewinks from time to time..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My baby was born last Monday, I'm going to get her The Tiger Who Came To Tea next week, I'm so adamant about reading to her!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you got Peepo? Always my favourite baby book even today at 22 years old!
    :) Elcie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of those. Stacey's favourite as a baby was called 'Oh Dear' and as she got older she loved 'Peace at Last', 'The Gruffalo' and 'Some Dogs Do'.

    We love visiting the library and I can't wait for the 6 week holidays to do a little mummy/daughter series of things we love to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so lovely that you read to her so much :-) I'm sure she'll be very imaginative when she's older!

    Also, I'm not sure whether you knew, but The Works (Not sure if you have it near you) is a really good shop to buy kids books! They do 3 for £2 & they are brilliant! I buy them for my 2 year old cousin all the time!! They are fab, very colourful and touchy feely!

    Gabriella x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out The Book People. They have excellent childrens collections, 10 books for £10. Julia Donaldson etc. My daughter loves them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i used to love the tiger who came to tea when i was little, i sometimes read it now xx

    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I work in child care and have read these books about a thousand times. Love it!


    www.bronwynjean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so lovely that you read to your baby and I'm sure that this will encourage her to love books as she grows up :) You should get 'Dear Zoo' if you haven't already, it's a great book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zayn's favourite is Llama Llama Red Pajama! Great illustrations and short simple rhyming words that flow. I'll have to check out these books and see if I can get them in the states! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Tiger Who Came To Tea! According to my niece 'aunty eilidh tells the best stories' - I hope my son feels the same way! Hehe xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. 10 Little Fingers is one of our faves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Tiger Who came To Tea is my absolute favourite! I LOVE IT. i have already started collecting Vintage enid blytons to read to my (yet to be even planned) children... I always loved the Tales From Toytown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My nephew loves the Tiger who came to tea. I prefer these books rather than these new ones that have come out

    ReplyDelete
  18. when she gets a bit older, you must read the faraway tree books with her, theyre wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Louise, these are adorable!
    I read your little ending about not being able to make links pink & I haven't really followed what you have/havn't tried but have you tried searching for the HEX code of the purple colour in your HTML and changing every code for the purple shade to the pink you're after? I find my links didn't all match up with the same colour as a sneaky hidden HEX I'd forgotten about in another Div tag was overriding the one I was using to make things match. If that makes sense?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Tiger who came to tea, was my favourite book as a child (and still is now but shhhh) I always buy it for friends who have babies as I love reading it to them!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg