photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Lou's Reviews :: L'Occitane Pivoine Délicate Shimmering Powder


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

I was recently very kindly given a couple of L'Occitane products to try out for you Sprinklerinos and since I have now had a chance to properly try them, I thought I would share my thoughts on my favourite one- the Pivoine Delicate Shimmering Powder from the limited edition Peony Collection.

I'll warn you now, if you don't like glitter, this is NOT the product for you and would be £22 wasted. If like me, you adore the twinkling allure of shimmer, then you're in for a treat.


You know in romantic old black and white movies, when the leading lady is wearing a silk night gown as she applies her makeup at her decadent mirrored dressing table, and then spritzes herself with luxurious perfume from an elegant glass bottle with the tasselled atomiser? This has the exact same appeal. No, it isn't perfume, there isn't a tassel and I don't look good in silk night gowns (although I do have a saucy little cerise kimono jobby for getting ready in before nights out and the like- ooer missus), but in short, it gives me the same thrills and chills.

In my humble opinion, if a product excites you this much, you're on to a winner. 

The idea is that you apply the shimmer to skin and hair, it leaves a delicately scented, silky finish and most prominently a beautiful pale pink and silver sparkle.


I am aware that if applied too liberally you run the risk of being look like the over enthused 13 year old at the 1999 disco (yes, that was me, I'm just naturally enthusiastic for things), but frankly, I don't care one jot. If you do, just apply less or perhaps apply it in less obvious areas, like the ends of your hair for a shimmer ombre or your shoulders, for a sultry summer sparkle.

I think we all know my love for glitter, so this review is probably leaning a little towards the biased side, but there is nothing I don't like about this product. The fragrance is enjoyable, the packaging feminine, the sparkle pay off is fantastic, I have used it A LOT but still have a great deal of product left (you are given 8g in the bottle) and it's a pleasure to use. Love, love, love.

Are you as excited by scented glitter in a fancy bottle as me? Only the clinically mad don't love glitter, surely? SURELY?!

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Dashing Divas. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!  

45 comments:

  1. This looks SOO nice and the idea of putting a beauty product in a bottle like that is genius! Plus I've always wanted to use one of those pumpy things! Love this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love this so much. you are such a joy louise! :)
    and i have to be honest here, fancy atomisers get me pretty excited so i'm definitely going to give this little beauty a whirl!

    C.J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I adore those old-style atomiser perfume bottles but that fact it comes out with gorgeous shimmer is so exciting! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh this looks gorgeous!! That's getting popped on my birthday wish list for the end of the month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the style of the perfume bottle, looks so cute!xo


    http://mademoisellecharlotteanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cool! I'd love to have it simply for the puff application system haha!
    I had never considered putting a glittery shimmery powder product in my hair... That is SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!
    I wish I'd thought of it back in the day when I used to own a similar product!
    And that glitter is pretty incredible!
    So glad you've found such a perfect product!

    xx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's actually really cute! LOL
    I love L'Occitane products :)
    Stop by my blog?? <3
    http://missjammyxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This product is sooo cute. I love the idea & the packaging is amazing. I'm just not sure how I feel about glittery skin. I say this but if I was sent this product I would definitely over use it like the overenthusiastic 13 year old you were talking about :P xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd already sold me on this in your video ha, I'm loving it!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love glitter! L'Occitane's packaging is sooo gorgeous :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The body shop do a product exactly like this! And i think it's a lot cheaper :) Plus they do it in a normal glitter and pink glitter :) They're lovely products! x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This product looks so great, and I love the packaging!
    xx-B
    http://thegreyclover.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great!!! Packaging is SO CUTE!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the packaging! Great post:)

    Dyobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so pretty!! :)
    Lots of love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. its soo pretty i might buy it when i have some money



    lots of love destiny

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the packaging and the bottle for this product but I'm not sure about the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sooo chic! x check my blog out? (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen this multiple times in the shop and contemplate buying it many times. I just can't seem to justify buying a (very cute) bottle of glitter... Maybe one day :) x Love your blog!
    thesameoldfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. the bottles just sooooooo elegant and cute xx


    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can it be bought or shipped to the US?

    ReplyDelete
  22. i see what you mean, it reminds me of an old fashioned perfume bottle too :)
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is super pretty, reminds me of old school Hollywood glamour :)

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute packaging and it will be perfect for the night out. This will probably be one of my first purchases from L'occitane seeing as i haven't tried anything from them before. Thanks for sharing~x

    www.beautypicknmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty would be great to use on a special occasion and i love the packaging :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember my Nonna having those bottles lined up on her dressing table when I was little. I love them!
    I'm a huge L'Occitane fan and I really like the idea of a sparkly spritz :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. For a moment there I thought you were talking about me at the 1999 disco. I used to have the hipster, cropped top, hair glitter/mascara thing going on. Eek.

    On the serious side I think I would love this product. I've never actually seen any L'Occitane products in any of my usual shopping haunts though :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. BEAUTIFUL <3 xxxx

    http://jessica-jjc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi,nice blog.
    I invite you to participate to my GA,it is open internationally.You can win a golden mask 23 carat.
    http://glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/6-months-celebration-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks beautiful!

    ameliatembey2304.wordpress.com - check out my blog sale! ( Nars MAC etc!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, I would love a bottle of this sitting on my dressing table! The packaging is so pretty, and the fact that it's glitter too makes it a complete win in my book. Love reading your blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow! Love shimmer! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Just followed you on GFC. :)

    www.themommist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sooooooo pretty! Makes me wanna go out dancing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks so nice! The packaging is gorgeous too!

    http://beautyfashionequestrian.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a delightful product! I watched you demonstrate it in a YouTube video and thought it was so so so gorgeous! I love reading what you have to say :)
    I just started a blog myself because I've been so inspired by you and a few other bloggers. I've only just written my first post (so exciting!) and you're welcome to check it out!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a beautiful product..I love sparkly things ;)
    I must say your hair has been looking the BOMB lately..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the packaging of this so much! I would probably just buy it for that! I'm not really an all over shimmer person but this looks so lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. oooh might have to try this out please check out my blog :)
    lauramariemakeupandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I will definitely stop in-store tomorrow to try this out!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just looking at this excites me!
    I can not wait to get my hands on it!

    Izzi X

    www.keepglamrockon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. This looks lovely but you should know that at Christmas The Body Shop do a very similar product and they do it in gold as well as pink shimmer. It also costs around £14 so it might save you a bit of money :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. This product looks gorgeous Louise, just sums you up! Pink, girly, and GLITTER! Where did you buy this from, I can't seem to find it anywhere! Thanks, xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. This looks so nice! I'm a sucker for anything sparkly and glittery! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog too!:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg