photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Thursday 14 June 2012

June Window Shopping List

Aloha Sprinklekrinos,

Lately I have been spending far too much time watching other Beauty YouTuber's monthly favourites videos. I really enjoy seeing what products people have had success with and why they love them so much.

I think I have been stuck in a 'I know what I like' rut and recently have been taking tentative steps out of it and loving making new discoveries.

Last night, I sat and flicked through feelunique.com for about 3 hours (whilst chatting to chums on skype/watching TV, I'm not that obsessed haha) and found myself throwing things in my trolley willynilly. Obviously I won't be buying everything, but I thought I would show you my virtual basket and share the window shopping experience a bit.

If you like, I might make this a monthly feature?

Here's what's enticing me this month -



Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat 14ml


£9.85 and Free Delivery

I have heard such great things about this top coat. I'm pretty lazy and sometimes don't bother using my current top coat (by China Glaze) but know that when I do bother, it makes all the difference. I'd be quite interested to see if this does live up to the hype.



Nubar Ridge Filler 15ml


£6.80 and Free Delivery

Since being pregnant, my nails have really suffered. Whilst I was carrying Baby Glitter, they developed lots of little ridges and so when I apply my nail polish, these show through. I had hoped that after pregnancy they would return to normal, but sadly, they haven't. A small price to pay for a delightful Daughter, but still, I'd like to alleviate the sight of them. I'd like to see if this ridge filler does the job.




Garnier Soft Essentials Replenishing Day Care - Dry/Sensitive Skin 50ml


£5.30 and Free Delivery

This is a moisturiser I have used up a fair few pots of and really got on well with. Since I'm going to do a bit of a shop, I may as well throw this in too. Woohoo!!


Neal's Yard Remedies Organic Eye Make-up Remover 100ml


£10.20 and Free Delivery

Neal's Yard is a brand I have not yet sampled but have read great things about it. Muhsine from Bubblegarm has featured it quite a few times on her blog and I have always been interested in the natural properties it boasts. This attached blurb with this suggests that it can take of even waterproof mascara, a high claim indeed. I'm looking forward to putting this to the test!



Burt's Bees Nourishing Mango Butter Lip Balm Tube 4.25g


£2.99 and Free Delivery

I am coming to the end of my current lip balm and so am in the market for a new one. I'm not keen on the type that are presented in a little tin, because I despise rubbing my fingers on my lips (weird I know). I also think it's pretty unhygienic to constantly dip your digits into a product because your hands touch so many germies in a day. I know you could wash your hands prior, but I like to have something I can apply easily on the go. Also I like mangos. Also I like things under £3. Also I like saying 'also'. Also.

bareMinerals Get Started Eyes Cheeks Lips - Fair to Light


£35.70 and Free Delivery

Zoe absolutely swears by Bare Escentuals and look at her! She's a total beauty! If this will make me look half as gorgeous as her, I am happy to part with me £35.70. That is all I shall say on the matter. Hahaha.


Benefit Confessions of a Concealaholic Concealing & Brightening Kit 


£28.50 and Free Delivery

I bought this kit two years ago for my wedding day (I did mine and my bridesmaids makeup) and I absolutely loved it! It had everything in it that I needed, plus a little instruction booklet to help show where everything should go. It really was a fantastic little kit and a great way to try out a selection of Benefit products if you are thinking on shelling out for the full size. Plus, I do love a mini!


Shiseido Suncare Sun Protection Liquid Foundation N SPF30 30ml

£28.00 and Free Delivery

This is a foundation that Fleur raved about a few months back and I was intrigued by the unusual packaging. With summer (hopefully) just around the corner, a foundation with SPF 30 can only be a good thing.


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick 4g
£23.50

This is a total luxury buy. I have never spent this much money on a lipstick but everyone who has tried one of these has said they were gorgeous and felt amazing. Also, loooookkk, ppprreeettyyyy packaging!! Haha, I'm such a sucker for a bit of glitz.
 

Stila Crush Lip & Cheek Stain 2.25g

£16.00

I recently purchased a couple of other Stila products and have been absolutely loving them. I usually find that when I trust a brand, I want to try lots of other things from them, so these are calling my name. I remember ages ago I used to like some Ruby and Millie ones that looked a lot like these, so I have high hopes. *Sings hiiiighhh hopes* hehe. 

So that is my rather extensive wish list! I plan on having a little splurge of those products towards the end of the month, so expect to see a haul or some reviews- hurrah!

Are you interested in any of those? Do you ever so a spot of online window shopping?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Dashing Divas. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top! 

All images were lovingly borrowed from the feel unique website. 

54 comments:

  1. I do this all the time, quite often after hearing you rave about something (to me your word is gospel). In fact I have only just closed the tabs I've had open all day which held the online baskets of financial ruin, it was sad it see them go!

    You don't need the products that Zoe uses, you're gorgeous! (not that I would complain if I woke up looking like Zoe, or you for that matter!)

    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I love the seche vite nail polish, but it has a warning for reproductive concerns on the label with kind of freaks me out. I also really like the mango burts bees chapstick. I hate sticking my fingers in the little pots as well so I just rub my lips on them until they wear down to the point where I can't =)

    http://j-jae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never shopped at feel unique before, but I always see people buying nice products from there which are cheaper than the RRP so maybe I should check it out. I have the burts bees lip nalm and I really like it! I want to try some Neal's Yard products too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the last three, I'm hoping I'll be able to pick them up on my next shopping spree! Always love your recommendations! x

    http://hollysbeautyreview.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I really want to try out one of the YSL lipsticks, but the hard part is choosing which colour I'd like! And I love the Seche Vite, definitely recommend it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. if there is one (and only) thing i don't like about you, it is the fact that you underestimate yourself a lot! Zoe is a real beauty and honest to god you are as beautiful as she is! too much modesty you have my dear... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Stila cheek stains look lovely!!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of those Stila stains, and the YSL shade you've chosen is just gorgeous. So expensive though! remember the first time I bought a Mac lipstick I was annoyed at the price, and yet I don't think twice about shelling out for a good foundation! Haha.
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the YSL lipsticks are amazing, especially for summer when you want something sheer. :) and I have to
    try this benefit kits out. maybe they're a good alternative to this freakin' expensive full sizes and you have
    more products than only one, which has the same price. :)

    xoxo FlirtingwithFashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same about packaging! If it's pretty the incentive to buy it increases. Go for it Louise, treat yourself to a YSL lipstick, a treat for being such an amazing lady!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. BENEFIT!! I LOVE ANYTHING FROM BENEFIT!!

    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Seche vite. It's brilliant. After 10 mins you can do ANYTHING and it won't chip at all.

    I also rate bare Escentuals very highly but Elfcosmetics mineral stuff is just as good. I'm not sure its as pure though.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a bit of virtual on line shopping too!! Love Love the look of the YSL lippy, I defo think that should be my little treat when I have my little one in September!! My fav website/TV channel to dream shop with is QVC Beauty sound some fab brands not on the highstreet.

    Sallyann xx

    http://sugarglitterdreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great list! and congratulations on reaching the end of a lip balm, it's something I have never achieved haha! I have too many on the go at once.
    Becky xxx

    http://rosee-petals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do this all the time haha, I click on everything that takes my fancy, look at the total and think 'Ohh noo' haha. Burts Bees lipbalm is amazing! I have a stock of them because I love them so much. Hope you manage to treat yourself to some of these soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really recommend the seche vite top coat, it does have quite a strong nail polish-y smell but its just gives such a lovely finish! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love my concealaholic kit, and I actually have near enough all of the products in full sizes now too. Benefit rules!

    Bare Esscentuals is AMAZING! I got mine in America, and was tempted by the kit but my friend Megs (also a total beauty) said it was more worthwhile just getting the foundation and brushes separately as the other products weren't really worth it. I listened to her as gospel, but would be very interested to see your review on the other bits and pieces in the kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Neal's yard products. My favourite of all time is the wild rose balm. I use it as night cream and also as a lip balm. It's the only product I take with me mountaineering. It smells incredible and it contains lovely things like lavender so helps me relax and get a good night's sleep.

    I'm about to do a similar post to this, only with sporting equipment! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should look on Buyapowa because the seche vite topcoat is on their along with the a seche vite ridge filling bottom coat...it ends in 6 hours but is at only £12.50 for both. Gotta love a bargain.
    Fay x.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The sech vite topcoat is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really *really* want to get some Bare Escentuals products. Everyone I know who's tried it loves it.
    And I do this all the time... I spend ages on a shopping site, throw everything in the trolley, but then I realise I have no money so have to stay far far away from my debit card. Boo!

    Xx.Emma - hellandmilk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would happily buy everything on your list! I have a bottle of Seche Vite, i am wearing it right now in fact (a layer not the bottle). Sometimes i really get on with this top coat and other times it peels off after a day! Does anyone else get this? And secondly i am going to be a total enabler and shout DO IT DO IT DO IT, BUY THE YSL. They are amazing lipsticks, worth every single penny, if somebody frowns at you blame me. I take full responsibility. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my seche vite does too!! If I have thicker nail varnish or glitter, or stamping it peels off, but if it is just a standard 2 coat, then it is fine. well that's what seems to happen to me anyway!! K

      Delete
  23. I love the YSL lippie, I will own a few one day :) hehe great list xx

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Could use please do a video on the Confessions of a Concealaholic? Thanks :) love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! I really like your blog!
    I'm actually having a giveaway just to celebrate the opening of my own blog!
    I have 2 prizes: THE NAKED 2 PALETTE and BENEFIT SUGARBOMB!

    I hope you'll check it out!
    x

    http://thedenimgirl.blogspot.it/2012/06/1-giveaway-urban-decay-naked-2-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I online window shop all the time haha :) lovely products xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. i managed to get the seche vite top coat for £4 in the urban outfitters sale not that long ago, pretty good discount!!

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a notorious online window shopper! I hugely recommend the YSL rouge voluptes, they're my favourite lipsticks of all time. Fetish pink is my favourite of the ones I own!x

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the hurts bees lip balm ! its great stuff I love it because its not too greasy so when your on the go you can slather it on without a mirror so you don't look like a lunatic with greasy stuff all around the lip area also the mango smells good :)
    check out my blog pretty please with a cherry on top :)
    http://lauramariemakeupandfashion.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do this all the time; put things in online baskets and then have to sift through them. Definitely get the seche vite, I get mine on ebay (a bit cheaper) and the benefit. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Seche Vite is amazeballs, it dries so fast BUT I am not even halfway through a pot and it's gone all gooey and thick. Nuh-uh.

    www.katie-matey.blogspot.com
    Diary entries of a 90's teen - and much more!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very nice post. Spotted a few things that I just might have to purchase. Thank you for sharing :) x

    aplacecalledadelaide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really want to try the benefit kit and the seche vite too! I'm saving for a flat at the moment though :( x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always get sucked into buying things through favourites posts and videos! x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have always wanted to try a lip/cheek stain! Also I have always wanted to try Stila too but am always distracted by all the other brands in Sephora!! Now I will definitely give their brand a try!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. I get ridges on my toenails aswell :/ so weird, I wonder what causes it!!xx
    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Louise, thanks for this post - I love it. So I have the seche vite, and its 2 things, it's great and it's crap!!! It's great if you put it over a plain nail varnish no more than 2 coats and it lasts for ages! It is crap if you have a few layers and some glitter as it peels off after a day! Also it STINKS!! But hey, I still use it loads!! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  38. That YSL lipstick is B-E-A-utiful! I'm such a sucker for a shiny piece of packaging.
    Love, Pins. X
    http://pinsprettythings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the look of the Benefit kit and would also really like to try out the Bare Minerals products but they're just so expensive! By the way, you don't need to get the Bare Minerals to look beautiful as you're already a natural beauty, you just don't seem to realise it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hmm.. I really want to try the Burt's Bees balm~!

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really want the YSL lipstick and the shiseido foundation, ooh and the benefit kit and stilla lipglosses haha
    xx-B
    http://thegreyclover.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Definitely want some more YSL lipsticks..

    Watching blogtv now, completely forgot to go to the shop to buy candy :P

    You are quite a lovely person. People around our age should still be a bit silly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I must say I'm the absolute most intense online window shopper in existence. Just filling up my cart and pretending that I'm going to buy tons of goodies makes me all warm inside. That may be a problem.
    Anywho, your blog is always a delight to read!

    http://ashleytreece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. some really nice products in that post xx

    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Really cool blog, love your channel too :) xx Would be awesome, if you´d visit my blog !

    http://vintagebirdy.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey Louise, I bought the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat from feelunique and I gotta tell you it lives up to the hype. No matter how many coats of nail polish you have on, it will dry them super quick, and you don't even have to wait until the nail polish is completely dry before applying the Seche Vite (although do wait a few minutes). And when I mean the polish is dry, I mean really dry, and not just feels dry but you bump it and there it goes.
    As a top coat it's also nice, leaves your polish glossy. However, an anti-chip top coat this is not. Your nail polish will chip as if you had no top coat.

    tl;dr Seche Vite dries your polish super fast and gives it a glossy finish. Does NOT prevent chipping whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Honestly the Seche Vite top coat isn't that great, I bought it due to all the hype that everyone makes about it, it does dry fast and is shiny but you can find way better ones that are shiny, dry fast, and actually work like a top coat and keep your polish on, it really doesn't do much, sure it helps a little but for the price its not worth it, and it peels off after a few days and its really weird, like just the top coat peels off, leaving your nails matte. The Out the Door Fast Drying Top coat is supposed to be a good one that actaully helps make your polish last. And those YSL lipstick looks gorgeous!

    Beautyinblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Louise, my local tk maxx had an essie set in the other day with a ridge filler. I also own a No7 one which is really good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. The Seche Vite top coat is incredible. I'm absolutely in love with it! Hope you like it x

    dubonnetfizz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  50. The Stila stains are awesome, I love them for just a nice glowy colour to the cheecks or a buildable colour on the lips, also The 'Cherry Crush' colour is a favourite of Victoria Beckham and I would expect nothing but the best for Posh :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi, I commented on this post a while ago but I realised just yesterday that there's a dangerous chemical in the Seche Vite top coat which can't be sold in the UK/EU. I wrote something about it on my blog but am stopping using my Seche Vite because it's been known to cause birth defects and developmental abnormalities! Perhaps the product is too good to be true? x

    ReplyDelete
  52. This post is very informative. A lot of women from all ages will surely learn a lot from this.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Not only get information but also helps them to make right decision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg