photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Lou's Reviews :: Collection 2000- March Range

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Last week I was kindly sent a few bits from Collection 2000 that will be hitting the shelves this March and so I thought I'd give you a sneak peak and my glittery opinion of them.

I am always really grateful when companies send me products to review, it's definitely a perk of blogging, but I do want to make it clear that I'm not paid by them or anything serious like that, so this means I can be completely honest- woop :)


This is the Ultimate Fix foundation in '02 Honey', that will be retailing at £4.99- bargain. It claims to be a 3 in 1 powder, foundation and concealer but from what I can tell, it's more of a cream to powder effect foundation, ie, it goes on like a foundation and then sets like a powder. However, I think if you were to have any blemishes that you wanted to give a bit of extra love to, you could easily just build up the product a bit in that area because it is tres creamy.


I would class this as giving a light to medium coverage, depending on how thickly you apply it, either with the sponge provided (very nice touch because there is also a mirror which would be uber handy if you were on the go or away for the weekend) or with your own tools (brushes, wedges, fingers).


(Below the foundation compartment is a secret layer of sponge and mirror. I do love a good compact)
This reminds me so much of Benefit's 'Some Kinda Gorgeous' foundation faker, which is my best friend during the summer months when I am sporting a (fake) tan and don't want too much on my face. I was comparing the both of them this morning and found I actually preferred the consistency of the Collection 2000 formula- it seemed more moist/creamy and this gave you a little more blending time.

Packaging wise I'm a happy bunny. Everything you need- product, mirror, sponge; shuts securely so no all-over-the-inside-of-your-handbag situations, sleek, simple, not gawdy or tacky. Win win.

Next up on our little sneaky peaky journey is the SkyScraper Length and Definition Mascara, which I have in '01 Black' and that will be retailing for another bargainous £4.99.


The wand of this mascara is very unusual in that it is a plastic bristle brush but one one side the bristles are longer than the other. It took me a little while to get the hang of this, but now that I have I'm really loving it. The short bristles let me get really close to the lash root on to fully coat the teensy weeny lashes on the inner corner, and the longer bristles let you kind of cuuurrrll your lashes upwards, thus creating length.


This mascara basically does exactly what it says on the tin. There is no thickening or volumising but there is definitely lenghtening and defining, thanks to the special applicator wand. This is a perfect daywear mascara, for when you want to feel fluttery and feminine but not too 'done'.

Packaging-wise I rreeeaaallllly like it. It's so unusual to see a white mascara and I'm having a bit of a thing for white things at the mo, so again, I'm a happy bunny.

The third product I have are the new 'Lock 'n' Hold' lipglosses. There will be 6 new shades coming out, of which I have 5. At £2.99 a pop and with such 'out there' packaging, I would say these will be well loved by a slightly younger buyer. I'm 25 and perhaps a bit fuddy-duddy, but I do prefer more sophisticated packaging. My 14 year old sister however, really liked them and thought the foundation packaging was 'boring', so it goes to show that everyone is different. 


Once I'd had my little think on the pink lid and graffiti writing, I was actually really impressed with the actual gloss formula. Shiny, shimmery, good staying power (it claims to last 6 hours but I didn't actually keep it on this long so couldn't tell you if this is a fact or not) and nice buildable colours. If you are a fan of lilac (do you remember last year when everyone went gaga for lilac lipstick?) then there is a shade in there just for you! 

(Colours- Break Dance, Rock Steady, Twisted Disco, Beat Box, Urban Punk)

Two unique selling points to these glosses that I noticed are 1) The Wand and 2) The Scent. The applicator wand is a spatula shaped sponge that I have never come across before. I do prefer doe foot wands but this is manageable and does provide as good a coverage as the doe foot. It is slightly more flexible, which some may like, some may not.
The scent is really unusual for a lipgloss- it smells just like victoria sponge cake (to me anyway!).

I think these are a really good price, something that a girl new to cosmetics would be able to afford on something she would enjoy to have in her stash.  

If you're interested in what else Collection 2000 has to offer, click HERE.

What do you think Bloggerinos? Up your street?

Toodlepip!

xx

10 comments:

  1. These products look fab, the lipglosses are really nice colours and i love the packaging for the mascara :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks fab, I really raete Collection 2000 products. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lip glosses look lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. not too sure on the packaging of the glosses either lol
    i love collection 2000s liquid liner! definately recommend to anyone who's after a good, very affordable one!

    sarahbox04.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the packaging of the lipglosses- a bit young looking for me too- but they look pretty pigmented so I'll probably give one of these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must recognise that the Beat Box colour is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I'm soo going to buy the 3 in 1! I like Collection2000s stuff so thanks a lot for this :)

    http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg