photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Mini MAC Splurge

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Knowing my obsession with all things beauty, my husband came up trumps and gave me MAC Vouchers for Christmas- Yaayyyy!!

I was in Liverpool in December so took myself off to the MAC Store (I love it so very much in there) and bought a few bits that I thought I'd show you.


I bought:

Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15 - First Time Purchase
Cremesheen Glass in 'Just Superb' - First Time Purchase
Shadestick in 'Beige-ing'- Hundredth Time Purchase

Anndd I was given a little sample of Strobe Cream. I do enjoy a good sample!!

I would say that the shadestick is my staple MAC product and one of the first things I discovered from them way back when in 2008. I use it as a base for eyeshadows or if I'm in a rush, as an all over wash of colour. It never fails me.

It's like a creamy crayon that you can just shmear (how much do I love that word?!) all over your lid and requires no precision at all- perfecto!


Not the best swatch (lighting was artificial) but you get the idea- light browny/gold. I actually think it's very similar to a lot of the Cham-pale product colours. I get soo excited when MAC release a new shadestick but alas, it's been a while. I once had a beautiful LE one called 'Pink Couture' but used it up and never saw one again- sigh.


This Cremesheen Lipglass in 'Just Superb' is my new favourite. It's PERFECT for daywear or officewear. The hue is a dirty neutral pink and gives a lovely 'dolly' effect that isn't too 'out there'. There's no sparkle (obv I luurvvee the glitz but not for work or if i've gone wild on eye makeup) and the texture is gorgeous- not sticky, just sheeny lovely. I am definitely going to collect more Cremesheens and don't know why it's taken me this long to discover them! Also, lovely doefoot applicator which is my personal preference. I did do a swatch but actually think the website one depicts the colour better. You can see that HERE. It also has excellent lasting power- 10/10 for this little gem.

I haven't used the foundation long enough for a proper review yet, but so far, so good. I was initially given a sample and loved it so much I bought the full sized product. It goes to show, samples do work for companies :)

Do you have any of these products? What do you think?

Toodlepip!

xx

11 comments:

  1. I love mac Strobe cream! I use it before my foundation & it gives a gorgeous "illuminating" glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That foundation is one of my favourites! I like that it's gel-based, I hope it serves you well my dear :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strobe cream, i only have a sample which i've just used up but def on my wishlist xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. shmear! now my new favourite work ;) love the look of the shade stick! anything to make things quicker in the morning =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh can't wait for a post on that foundation :) lovely. all very good purchases!
    http://gh0stparties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I didn't know that MAC gave out samples! Maybe only if you purchase a certian amount or the mood of the SA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these products!Great post and blog...following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shadestick is a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Superb looks stunnning. I have Loud and Lovely which I think is a Cremesheen *goes to check* Yep, it is. I love it- it's not sticky and it's such a great bright pink which is pretty rare to find in a gloss. The shadestick looks great too, I've not tried any before but this looks like a stunning shade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great review! I've heard a lot about MAC's strobe cream recently and there's a store near me, would you recommend it?

    http://nothollywood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. and this is where it all began; your love affair with MAC studio sculpt is one for the ages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg