photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Saturday 26 November 2011

A Sorting Saturday

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Baby Glitter is rolling around at my feet (on a blanket with toys I might add, she's not just been slung down there and ignored! haha), Mattmoo is watching Sky Sports News (gad zukes I hate that channel) and I'm pootling around on t'internet.

I know I've already blogged today, but I haven't filmed or uploaded any videos because of this horrid fluey thing, so I'm feeling blogtastic.

What's happened today then?

*I lugged all the junk out of our cupboard under the stairs and we (by 'we', I mean 'Matt whilst I pointed at stuff and tried to look busy') moved it all to the garage, where I can forget it exists and not deal with it at all. The aim was to then put other, more relevant junk -hoover, pram, ironing board, the obligatory bucket that every household has and wonders why etc- under there. Now our dining room is less full of junk. Essentially, it was all just a big exercise in moving junk from different places and feeling better for it.

*We took a few bits to the local tip, where we were met with the most helpful (please sense the sarcasm there) man ever.
Matt drives up. Tip man signals at us to stop and wind window down.
Matt- Looks questioningly at Tip Man.
Tip Man- Stares back.
Matt- Umm...I want to chuck out a big rug and an old tent.
Long weird pause.
Tip Man- One 'n' Two.
Matt- ...........thanks then.

*Despite Matt saying he hates Hobbycraft, I made him come in with me on the premise that I'm poorly and deserve to be mollycoddled. I bloomin' love that place. I actually only wanted to buy some star shaped cookie cutters, but got a bit carried away in the bead department. Woopsie.

Is it weird that I spent quite a lot of time swilling my hand around this bowl of beads? I like to do that with chestnuts in supermarkets as well......like a normal person.

*We accidentally bought a McDonalds, parked up near a nice grassy area and housing estate that we love. We play this game where we look at the street of houses (not in a pervy casing the joint way, in a nice way) and say that when we win the lottery we'll buy the whole row and put all our friends and family in them and decide which houses each person will get and why.

*We came home, gave Baby Glitter her lunch, let her have some story time and I tweeted, fb chatted, did a bit of blog research, answered emails and texted back a few people. Technology attack!

* Whilst mooching around (I do love it when Matt's at home, I can mooch mooch mooch) my online favs, weheartit, etsy, ebay and folky, I came across a tres cool ebay shop. I wanted to include it in my Ebay Hearts post, but I really cannot wait, and to be fair, it doesn't really suit the theme I'll be going for.

Beauty Makeup Supply Jars & Bottles


THIS SHOP is a beauty addicts dream! It sells EVERYTHING storagey (real word there) and oragnisey that you would ever need. It has jars, tubs and atomisers to decant products into- perfect if you like mixing products or travelling. It has mascara wands, powder puffs, foam wedges and sponge applicators- perfect if you are a makeup artist or your friends use you as one (like mine, hmmm). It even has a 3 tier 24 slot acrylic lipstick holder (HERE) which I'm seriously considering.

I hate to sound so thrilled about jars and organisers but things like that really float my boat. I've had so many requests for a makeup collection video but really desperadosly need to sort my cosmetics drawers out before I unveil them to the world!

*Hmmm since starting this post, Baby Glitter has had her dinner and gone to bed and Mindy is attempting to sit on my shoulder. Looking forward to a cheesy omelet, Saturday night TV and uploading this week's London photos. And do you know what, I'm not in the least bit ashamed that 5 years ago I was probably drinking cheapo vodka, straightening my hair and setting off on a crazy adventure with my friends and now I'm snuggled up with a blanket, the cat and my laptop...........well, not much anyway.

What have you done today? Do you love that shop as much as I do? Am I a fruitloop? Don't answer that last one!

Toodlepip!

xx

All pictures aside from the ebay store one wear taken on Matt's phone. Hope you can actually see them now, after that slight technical hitch!

24 comments:

  1. I think every now and then a Sorting Saturday is necessary! I often end up doing this on a weekday and I feel so much better when the clutter is gone! I like HobbyCraft although I'm always a little overwhelmed by when I go in as theres so much to see! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a sorting saturday very soon!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant see the pictures :-( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely a fan of storage and things! great ebay shop link X

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries, I share your love of storagey/organizey things ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post, evry beautyholic needs good storage like this good find. I am doing exactly the same for my sat night. I just love my Pj's too much to leave the house xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a sorting saturday too (: ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love diving my hand into things like beads and especially the peanuts they have in the supermarket for the birds!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. babyglitterz so cute xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a sorting day as well haha ! I have been searching for things like that for a while ! Thanks Lou

    http://www.detbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm glad someone shares my love for hobbycraft! and you're not alone, i went to a craft fair a few days ago and they had a huge bowl of pandora-style beads and i spent about half an hour feeling them all haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all things organisation, I would happily go to somebody's else's house and tidy and organise it for free! I find it fun *bit sad* but oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. STORAGE. :D I love this post, I got so excited over that ebay seller. Yes, I'm cool too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bead section too, and hand swirling. I thought I was the only weird one! Hobby craft its deffs the place to be for beads! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I work at hobbycraft, and those bead bins are the bane of my life! But if they make lovely people like you happy then i dont mind haha! Let me know if you're ever in Warrington Louise, and you can use my discount, i never do haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sorting things out! Baby Glitter is so adorable - just spent the last hour or so watching your Youtube videos. :)

    Jess
    @ditzyglamour

    ReplyDelete
  18. Louise, I've finally plucked up the courage to put a proper blog post! (After you replied to my email telling me to watch the video)! After getting all excited for crimbo I looked at www.therange.co.uk and indulged in a few bits n bobs. They have some lovely crafty bits in at the moment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love hobbycraft!! I feel like I could create anything from things in there!
    It sounds amazing to be honest, Baby Glitters perfect and you've got such a lovely husband.. and a very cute cat!
    xxxx

    ps - I have sky sports too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is Beautiful!!!!
    Check me out, im new!

    http://trustthebeautywithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My mum makes jewellery so she has container after container full of them. I know exactly what you mean about swirling your hand in the beads.. i spend more time doing that then actually making anything!
    With your new found love ofebay you should definitely look at beads on there.. much cheaper then hobby craft!

    Nicky
    http://decotreasure.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. i know what you mean by the bead thing- your not the only one! i could easily bathe in them:P

    http://sophsstyle.blogspot.com/
    Follow and i follow back!<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg