photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Sunday 14 March 2010

For my Mummy xxx

Aloha Bloggerinos,

This isn't a beauty or craft post, it's a bit of a sad one so I hope you don't mind. If you do, look away and please don't be a meanie or I shall cry! ha!

So, in England today it is Mothering Sunday. Happy Mother's Day for all of you Bloggerinos who are mothers, I can't wait to be one too. Sadly, my beautiful Mummy, Jane, died when I was 7 years old. She died of cancer after fighting a very brave and long battle, which she sadly lost. My Dad used to say it was because the angels needed her more than we did but on day's like this, it feels very unfair. I know people say this about people who have passed on, but she was truely a wonderful lady and extremely loved.


It is so easy to take family and friends for granted and to fall out over petty or insignificant things, but if I could ever give anyone one piece of advise, it would be to enjoy people and enjoy all the little moments you have, because these are precious. My memories of my Mum are like little gems that I keep in a special box in my mind and I will treasure them for ever.

Happy Mothering Sunday my lovely Mother, Jane Pentland 1955-1992.

Less deep posts to follow shortly, I promise! :)

Toodlepip! xx

9 comments:

  1. Not sure what to say but sorry. Beautiful picture. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echoing the comment by missmascara1983 - I'm so sorry xx

    Such a beautiful post Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great!!!!nice blog honey... i like it ;O)

    i follow you, i hope you follow me toooooo????

    i`m happy if you follow me toooo with bloglovin ;)

    KISS ;*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that is so sad to hear! I'm so sorry... what a cute thing for your dad to say.

    I totally agree though - we should definitely treasure every moment with our family and friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful post for your mum, and a lovely reminder to all of us who still have their mums to realise how lucky we are.
    thank u!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I'm very sorry about your mum, I know exactly how you feel about remembering precious memories! Thankyou so much for your lovely comment, I hope so too :)
    X X X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a lovely post for your mum,, I lost my Mom to cancer when I was 16 and its 5 years on wednesday :(
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im sorry to hear that Stacey, it is very very very hard. Most days it is easy to get on with life and accept it, but on special days, or like Wednesday for you, it is so hard. You can alwasy remember her and think of her but it's hard when it can feel so onesided.
    I know you dont know me or anything but if you want to email me anytime about her, i would be really happy to read what you have to say and maybe share my thoughts too. No pressure obviously!
    I will ask my Mum to say hello to your Mum in heaven :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Louise this is terribly sad, you are lovely and a real inspration, sadly, I have known cancer beat alot of people, including, 1 very close family friend, 1 Grandad, 2 Uncles and 1 Aunt. I cant really remember my Uncles and Grandad because they died too young and I was very young. I guess the Aunt I lost hit me hardest as it only happened
    last year, my Mum and her where so close and she was quite young, its going to be a hard August as it is the 1 year anniversary. R.I.P, everyone who has died of cancer, it sucks. I will see if my Aunt will say hello to your Mum. Stay Strong Louise! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg