photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Lou's Reviews- MAC Slimshine Lipstick

Aloha Bloggerinos,

This review is of a couple of oldies but goodies, my MAC Slimshine Lipsticks. I have had both of these for ages and love them very dearly :)

The first one I bought was actually in a 2008 Christmas gift pack jobby. Yes, I know, you shouldn't keep makeup that long, it's bad for you blah blah blah, but I figured that for a lipstick, no real harm will come to me. I don't wear it everyday and I look after my lips with my Lush Bubblegum Scrub and Lush None of Your Beeswax Lip Balm so it's not tooooo bad. There, justifications done, this is my MAC Slimshine in BARE.


As you can see, this is pretty bashed up from its adventures in my handbag, but I like to think it is "loved", like the Velvetine Rabbit- did anyone ever read that when they were little?


When I first saw the colour, frankly, I was horrified! I thought it was far to tawney shaded for my liking, but after swatching it on my hand, I was pleasantly surprised.

(Grrr blurry pic- sorry)

The shade is actually much more red than brown and has a lovely glossy finish to it. I'm not too keen on lipsticks that are matt but not too keen on the super shimmery ones either so this is just right.

I find that this lipstick doesn't leave my lips gasping for lipbalm and makes them look lovely. Also, the colour lasts a good while- about 4-5 hours I would say. I know some lipsticks claim to last all day but I question their quality. This lipstick looks just as good at lunchtime as it did in the morning. One lady in my old office loved this lipstick so much that she now has her own! Hello Alison is you are reading! :)

This product is easy to apply, its slimness means you can pop it on without worrying about going over the edges like you can with some very fat lip products. This colour is rather sheer, which means you can do alot with it. Slick on once for slight lip enhancement or build up for a more noticable look.


(bit of an odd angle but this was the best shot of my lipperoni's)

The colour is very subtle on the lips, but just enough if you have gone to town on the eyemakeup, which I often do! I always feel really grownup wearing this colour, so if you have a big interview or something similar coming up, I would opt for this.

Up next is the MAC Slimshine Lipstick in GENTLE SHIMMER, which is my absolute favourite.


The colour is a lot more peachy and has, you guessed it, a gentle shimmer! Whereas the Bare lipstick was more of a day colour, I would say this one is good for both day and night.



As with the product above, this has a brilliant quality, is easy to apply and leaves my lips feeling fine and healthy and not dry as sand!



When you compare the two colours, you can see how much more sheer the Gentle Shimmer is to the Bare. Also, why is my hand so hairy?! Haha.



On the lips, this is a lot more nude/natural. MMmmmmm love it.

The packaging of both of these products is sleek and black, the standard MAC look. Don't get me wrong, I like this look, it's very 'MAC', but it is very similar to a lot of other things. It is practically identical to a GOSH lipstick I reviewed a while back. Still, you buy MAC for the quality, not the packaging.

Both of these items retail st £13.00 of 2.3g of product and as you can see, last a looooooong time. I would definately repurchase a product from the slimshine range again and look forward to trying new shades :)

Phefw! This post has taken me about 3 hours to write because my mouth hurts sooooo much! Has anyone else ever had root surgery? Ow ow ow!!! xxxxxxxx

Toodlepip! xx

4 comments:

  1. They both look lovely on you. I wish I had green eyes like you! Hope your teeth are feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those colours look lovely on you! I do like the slimshines although I hear they're getting the axe :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they?! That's a bit of a bummer. I'd have liked to have seen more colours in that range :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Louise! i'm a huge fan! I would love if you could recommend me a coral/ orangey shade lipstick from mac, but something that i could get away with that isn't so bold for school?
    lots of love liv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg