photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Lou's Reviews- Garnier Ambre Soliare Fake Tan

Aloha Bloggerinos, it's review time again. Hurrah!

This isn't a new addition to my collection, but more of an old trusty. Can I get an "ahhhhh"?!

For years, I have been on a personal quest to find a fake tan that a) looks natural and as if I have just been on holiday and 2) that I can apply without looking like I have badly smeared marmite all over myself and then dipped my hands in brownyorange paint! I have tried mousses, creams, gels, sprays you have to rub in, developing moisturisers, EVERYTHING! Well, look no further Bloggerinos, I have found it! Hallelujah!


This is the Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer and I bloomin' LOVE it!

It retails at around the £10.00 mark from places like Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Asda etc. I say around £10.00, because there are often deals on and this is where I stock up and look a bit crazy at the tills!

Out of each can I usually get about 4 full body tans, which last a good 4-5 days, but more often than not, I just do my legs, arms, chest and face because I obviously don't go to work and out naked! If I was A LOT slimmer I probably would though- ahahaha!

It doesn't have a biscuity smell like some tans do and doesn't leave any residue on sheets or clothes. I have to make sure I stand still and waft around a bit whilst it dries but it's only a few minutes and the Fiance finds this very amusing- ooer Misses!

To use this product, I shower/bath, exfoliate and moisturise so I'm in tippytop condition, hold the can about 10cm away and spray, spray, SPRAY! I make little circular motions because I like to think this gives me an even coverage. You could just as effectively do little up and down motions though too. The brilliance is that there is no need to rub this in at all, so orange hands are a thing of the past.

The colour doesn't come out for a few hours and goes on clear, so you do have to apply a little concentration so that you don't miss any bits. I tend to apply this just before bed, because then by the time I wake up I am a bronzed Goddess :)


To apply to your face, hold it a little further away than 10cm, maybe 20cm, and swish it around gently. Less is more here. Remember, if you find you have a paler face than body, swoosh a bit of bronzer over and you are good to go! Woop woop!

All in all, I would give this product 10/10 and am sure to use it for years to come!

What do you use?

Toodlepip! xx

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this for a while.. but i'm very plae and i'm affraid that it was going to become streaky... :( But i read alot of good reviews about it, it must be pretty good then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I have this too! I totally agree with you, it's amazing!
    Beautifull blog, Im so glad i stumbled across it, deff following you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ;O) nice blog honey! I LIKE IT!!!!!

    i follow you, i hope you follow me toooo??????

    kiss ;*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry but what do you mean by spray a little bit of concentration?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi cara,

    By "apply a little concentration", I meant "use careful thinking" kinda thing. IE. You have to be careful and stay focused if possible.
    Sorry, I shouldn't have used the word apply when talking about spraying things on, get's a bit confusing! ha!
    Thank you for reading and commenting :) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg